Putting the spotlight on talented tech sales pro's
The Kitchener-Waterloo region tech scene gets a ton of love from global media. Phrases like "Silicon Valley of the North" are plentiful and only increasing. A large part of the success these new technology companies are seeing is in part due to the plethora of talented sales individuals in the region. The mission for The Revenue Driver of the Month is simple. To recognize, promote, and most importantly, to understand the process and framework that these sales superstars are using in order to share it back to the Revenue Drivers network.
How does it work?
- The Revenue Driver of the Month must be nominated by a peer, work peer, manager, direct report etc.
- The Revenue Driver of the Month must be currently employed by a technology company.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Revenue Driver executive team.
- Shortlisted submissions will be interviewed via a brief phone conversation.
- Executive team will select the Revenue Driver each month.
May: revenue driver criteria
- Proven background in understanding SaaS sales.
- Track record/metrics to back their results in identifying successful accounts that have led to medium/large opportunities for their respective organizations.
- Bonus Points: The accounts they've opened have actually hit a Closed-Won status and are generating revenue for their organization(s).
- Mental Game: Disciplined, and understands that prospecting is difficult work. If they can speak to a militaristic or almost "it has to be done" mentality around prospecting - we have a winner.
- Time Management: This one's big. Asking how they manage their time, and make use of the "golden hours" when their prospects are in their offices will be a critical qualifier.
- Segmentation: Look for people who can explain the differences between prospecting into small, medium and enterprise accounts.
- Strategy: Again, our ideal candidate is going to be someone who understands the value of being strategic in their approach with clients. We're not necessarily interested in practical magic, but more so understanding their process for discovery of leads through their research phase, and everything else that they're doing as a Business Development Rep or similar.
Submissions will be accepted until May 19th at 11:59 pm.